Little things















It’s the many excitements that make life different
or let my day look sometimes far more interesting
a pleasant surprise when an old friend is visiting
and asks me how it is, my smile becomes so radiant

sometimes I’m already happy with a bird that sings
or the neighbour in front who hums a catching ditty                        
and is waving at his wife who drives to the city
just take a good start, a sunshine on butterfly wings

they are the little things that count, no money lost
on giving affection or being gentle and polite
a nice remark, the letter I’m now going to post

an apology to my uncle, to end this fight
to write, to shout it out, on the internet I’ll host
this message of love for live, what do you think…all right?

© Rudi J.P. Lejaeghere

29/10/2014

Reacties

Populaire posts van deze blog

Chateau Rouge: Deel 12