Summer in your eyes












I’ve heard it in the wind,
from the falling of the leaves
the chilling of the days

it draws now with beautiful colours
chestnut, caramel and yellow ochre
and through there the paleness,
the diaphanous beam of rays

the sun obliterated in gusts of wind                                         
rain is strewn about and swarmed around
in sweeps and strings on the window-pane

outside it’s quiet, just a whispering
between the outer walls and silent streets
the public squares are suddenly deserted

the warming of the freezing hands
ditches of coffee and the nipping of a shot
I turn the wood again in the fireplace

today I’m staying in
nestle myself between pillows
and your arms so sought
I still know it summer in your eyes.

© Rudi J.P. Lejaeghere

18/10/2014  

Reacties

Populaire posts van deze blog

Chateau Rouge: Deel 12