The Swan Song















Bad news it was when the world broke
out in rain, out of my eyes a piece
of sorrow flowed, a sudden decease
came effortless and pitiless it stroke

into a last and sober writing, closed
and intertwined with a cross on wood,
returning to the earth, cold and for good
with your hands entangled like you dozed

off and never will sing your song again,
in verses you disappear, the Swan on the lake
so silently swimming away and trying in vain                                                                                    
to hold you in my eyes, in my mind, to take
your words of a Swan Song, my heart’s full of pain
forever and ever, your rhymes will now come awake.

© Rudi J.P. Lejaeghere
29/04/2015


dedicated to Iris Van de Casteele (23/11/31-13/02/15)
She was a great poet and muse for a lot of my poems.

http://www.coquelicot.com.py/coquelicot/      (her website: see e-books English)

Reacties

Populaire posts van deze blog

Chateau Rouge: Deel 12