An hour past midnight














It’s about an hour past midnight
with many shadows and almost no light,
the cold, cold bedroom is closing on me,
I don’t know if it’s real what I see,
but my fear is pounding in my hartbeat,
all I hear is the clicking of my teeth
or does the sound come out of the wall,
I guess maybe it’s nothing at all,
just a bad dream they call a nightmare
and still I’ve got this feeling of despair,
that nothing will save me now from this threat,
how hard I pull the sheets over my head
the outcome has already been written,
once it takes you and once it has bitten,
all the present will then be the past,
I just hope, it won’t take long… at last.

                                                                       

© Rudi J.P. Lejaeghere

25/09/2014

Reacties

Populaire posts van deze blog

Chateau Rouge: Deel 12