Shadows



There’s that little dark feeling
Lurking in the corner of my mind,
My thoughts tiptoe around it
Afraid to wake it, to stir it,
To call upon the shadows,
Being around it makes me shiver,
A fever creeping through my veins.

Sometimes it’s red and pulsing,
Full of hate and anger,
Ready to explode,
A dormant volcano inside my head,
And underneath the heat
Of lava, that flows in flames
Searching for a way out, to burst,

It flies and cries like the raven,
Crawls and gnaws like rodents on my soul,
I put my hands deep into my pockets,
Fists denying what the sounds
Coming from the shadows of that corner
Are demanding of my body,
A fight that one day I will lose for sure,

How can I escape these noises
That drive me mad
But to let it overwhelm my senses.


© Rudi J.P. Lejaeghere





Reacties

Populaire posts van deze blog

Chateau Rouge: Deel 12